Taking primrose. Missing periods after protected sex. Am I pregnant?

Critical Care Specialist
im on the evening primrose to regulate my hormones for my periods to come on time. i think i ovulated around 10 to the 15th of this month. i have sex on the 17th. my bf used a condom and he pulled out. my period is due today. usually it comes earlier. im freaking out. what do to? what happening to me? Am i pregnant?
Posted Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 2 hours later

At outset I would suggest you to relax and don't be tense.

Though the sexual act between you and your boyfriend took place during your fertile period,but there is nothing to worry as your boyfriend used condom and pulled out, so this sexual act was fully protected.
It is advisable for you to wait for a week, hopefully menstruation will occur.
If menstruation doesn't occur even after one weed and go for pregnancy test.
If pregnancy test comes out to be positive, (chances of which are very very less) further course of action can be discussed.

Hope this answers your question.
Let me know if you have any more queries.Take care.
Dr Sadiq.
Follow-up: Taking primrose. Missing periods after protected sex. Am I pregnant? 4 hours later
i had used an antibiotic for my immune system. i had the virus really bad. Do you think this might have delayed my period?
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 8 hours later
Hi, thanks for your follow up.

Antibiotics usually don't interfere with menstrual cycle; still I want to know what antibiotic you used.
Kindly name the antibiotic used and I can comment further.

Hope this answers your question.

Dr Sadiq