Ask a Homeopath   »  

Taking pregnidoxin for vertigo. Any alternate medicine for pregnidoxin?

Hello, i have vertigo only managed by Pregnidoxin. I was taking Antivert for about 5 years and the FDA stopped production over 1 yeaar ago. The Antivert still left me a little "off center" when I ride my horses and run. However, the Pregnidoxin WAS RIGHT ON! I was receiving it from Canada/India but they cannot be "found" so I am seeking another source. Can you HELP??
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Alternative Medicine
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 hours later

Thanks for the query

Both these drugs contain the same active drug but antivert lacks caffeine content. There are two options here for you.
1. You could enquire with your doctor and increase the dosage of the antivert
2. Add another drug like a betahistadine to counter the vertigo, I have seen my patients do very well on betahistidine, please ask your doctor if this is possible.

FDA is an authority which does not stop medications without a reason so I suggest you to look into the alternatives I have given instead

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further queries I will be happy to reply