Taking prednisone, hcqs from last few years. Undergoing ivf treatment. Should I continue hcqs?

I am sle+ Patient and taking hcqs 300 from last 7 years I am undergoing ivf treatment. Should. I continue. Hcqs or can I stop taking it unless I concieve I am also taking prednisone. 200
My email I'd is YYYY@YYYY

Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sunil 6 hours later
Continue your IVF treatment as it is not affected by HCQ and Prednisolone. However HCQ 200 (low dose) is relatively safe in pregnancy.You need not to stop these drugs prior to or during pregnancy.
Few medicine for SLE, like Methotrexate, Azathioprine, and other Anti TNF druge are contraindicated during pregnancy.
You must know pregnancy and SLE both can affect each other. You should be regularly visiting your treating doctor for continuous check-up.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further question I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health.
Dr Sunil