Taking prednisone before surgery. Swollen testicles with pain. Side effect?

I started taking prednisone three days ago in preparation for an upcoming surgery, yesterday my left testicle became a little swollen and very sore. Is this a possible side effect.
Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 27 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
The testicles sit inside the scrotum. They are very sensitive. Even a minor injury can cause pain or discomfort to the testis.

Common causes of testicle pain include:

Infection or inflammation
Testicular torsion -- most common in young men between 10 and 20 years old
Possible infections include:
Epidydmitis which may be due to chlamydia( a sexually transmitted disease) or simple urinary tract infection

Your pain in testis has no relation to your consumption of prednisolone.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Follow-up: Taking prednisone before surgery. Swollen testicles with pain. Side effect? 6 minutes later
I did get hit slightly by my son in the testicles over the weekend, with that said, how long should I wait if the pain and swelling does not increase before I see my doc?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 9 minutes later
You may do some icing of scrotum and take some anti inflammatory like ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for three days.
You should be all right with this treatment.
Consult your doctor if you don't become all right in three days.