Ask a Dentist   »  

Taking prednisone and antibiotics. Having yeast growth. Will Acidophilus work?

Have yeast overgrowth. (Was taking predinosone and strong antibiotic) Took Dilfican - ugh. Had too many side effects. So I am trying to get rid of this more naturally. Will Acidophilus pills work?
Posted Sun, 3 Jun 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Yes, Acidophilus pills works good in case of yeast specially ones in the oral cavity.The pills contain a bacteria named Lactobacillus. These friendly bacteria grow to form a protective lining over the digestive tract that keeps yeast colonies from forming.

Also applying Tea tree oil to the affected area while sleeping can fasten the cure.

If it is vaginal candidiasis the problem here , there is another reliable and effective natural remedy like Boric acid suppositories which are available in the market.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.