Taking practin and dexona. Can these drugs be detected in blood and urine samples?

i have taking combination of practin and dexona in alternate days...
Now i would be appearing for a medical check up of Armed forces. they will test my blood n urine for infections..
will these drugs be traced in my blood n urine samples????
If yes, please let me to escape this...

regards XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 3 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for your query.

Dexona (Dexamethasone) is a steroid medication and Practine (Cyproheptadine) is an anti-histamine medication (often used as an appetite enhancer). Now, both of these are prescription medication and are usually not checked for in routine urine drug screening tests. However, rarely, Dexamethasone can show a false positive in some urine tests.

Now, the time taken for Dexona to get eliminated from the body and become undetectable in urine tests is about 72 hours. For Practin, this is abour 24 - 48 hours. So, if you have stopped these medication at least 4 days prior to the urine testing, then it is unlikely that they can be detected in urine samples. Drinking plenty of fluids may quicken the excretion of these medication in the urine.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist