Taking potassium Gluconate to supplement low sodium diet. Dosage?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Question
HI, I AM TAKING POTASSIUM/GLUCONATE 550MG DAILY, TO SUPPLEMENT MY DIET, I WAS PUT ON A LOW SODIUM DIET, BUT DO NOT WANT TO TAKE 'BLOOD PRESSURE MED., IS 550MG DAILY TO HIGH A DOSE/?p
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, this is not too high.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
The dose of Potassium Gluconate you are taking is not too high. However, if you are eating a healthy balanced diet, you do not need to take any potassium supplements you will get enough potassium from your diet.
I hope this has reassured you but if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
MBChB FRCA