Taking plan B and doxycycline hyclate. Now constipated, frequent urge to urinate. What is going on?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Ever since taking Plan B and Doxycycline Hyclate (I had lost my virginity and my vagina was basically torn up - there was blood and pus) in April of last year, I have had chronic, severe constipation. I absolutely cannot go without the aid of Metamucil or laxatives. Obviously I have increased water intake. I took fiber, as instructed every day, with good results for a month or two and then it stopped working. I had to take Miralax daily until that stopped working and I switched back. I've switched a few times now. I got a colonoscopy in the summer of last year and nothing appeared abnormal, yet I am still suffering. Lately, the constipation has gotten even worse - when I manage to defecate, there is very little stool at all. It's like my body doesn't even make stool anymore. It hurts and it never feels empty. I strain so much that I have two external hemorrhoids. Very recently, I have had to urinate much more frequently and it never feels like I get it all out. I'm worried this is a sign that things are getting worse. What could this be? Please help!
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later

Thanks for writing in

What appears from your information is that there is some form of infection of the colon and urinary tract

I would suggest you go for a complete blood count, urine and stool test and get back to me

In the mean time add a good probiotic to your routine twice a day for a minimum of two weeks

Stop experimenting with different medicines and take a good bulk forming laxative like psyllium husk or Isapgul

Hope this helps
Do get back to me once reports are ready
Wishing you a healthy life ahead