Taking pill instead of the advised break. Had brown discharge. Dead blood from period?

I carried on taking my pill this month instead of having a break- however I had brown discharge today is this dead blood from the period didnt have? I'm 1/4 through my new pack.
Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Mild amount of brownish or bloody discharge on taking birth control pills continuously is a normal finding. Not giving a pill free period between two packs causes a mild intermittent bleeding which will stop on its own in next 3-4 days without any treatment.
You can continue taking the pills as usual.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.