Taking physiotherapy for pinched nerve from disc due to fall. Rectal pain, pain during bowel movements. Related?

Spine Surgeon
Hello, I fell about two months ago on my back, butt, hip. I am seeing a physio therapist for treatments for which she says is a pinched nerve from a disc. My sciatic nerve is involved as well. My tailbone is sore to sit, and when I move but not to touch. Problem is my rectum is achy, and it hurts when I initially strain for a bowel movement or to pass gas. It is not an excruciating pain but a pain nonetheless. Can this all be related?
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 2 hours later
Fall on the buttock usually injures the tail bone. Sometime there may be minor fracture of the tail bone. I would suggest to get a lateral X-ray of the sacrum. Sciatica usually causes pain in the buttock radiating to leg. It is not usually in the mid line along the tail bone.
For tail bone pain, avoid pressure on the tender area. You can also try dougnut pillow to offload the painful area. Try to sit in tub of warm water for 10-15 min in the morning and evening. Thanks.