Taking pexep cr for premature ejaculation. No improvement seen. Any suggestion?

Urologist
Question
I am taking pexep cr25 for premature ejaculation from last one year but still the things are not satisfactory . kindly suggest .
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 24 minutes later
Pexep Cr is a reasonably good drug, but better medicines have come out now like Dapoxetine, which you can take on an on-demand basis about 30-45 minutes before you plan to have intercourse.
However, if you are having this as a fresh problem at the age of 46, you also might be having erectile dysfunction, and also are likely to benefit from the use of drugs belonging to a group called PDE5Inhibitors. These are both prescription drugs meaning you will need to be seen by a urologist before you receive the same from a pharmacy. You can try using 5% lidocaine ointment on your glans penis about 30-45 minutes before you plan to have intercourse. This will help reduce sensations and hopefully will delay ejaculation.
Techniques like squeezing of glans with two fingers in the front and one at the back of glans penis (which is the pinkish bulbous portion at the tip of penis) at the time when impending ejaculation is felt have also helped treat this condition, but it needs a lot of willpower to be able to master this.
Hope I have been able to help you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Taking pexep cr for premature ejaculation. No improvement seen. Any suggestion? 6 minutes later
I had been advised dapoxetine also but pexep cr 25 is told to have permanent impact so i am taking this from last one year but this problem i am facing from last 3-4 years and also been suggested to take viagra or its substitute

Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 7 minutes later
A Viagra or it's substitute is certainly not a bad idea.
Personally, I have seen more patients improve with Dapoxetine rather than with Paroxetine or Clomipramine. The choice will eventually be that of the patient.
Cheers,

Follow-up: Taking pexep cr for premature ejaculation. No improvement seen. Any suggestion? 3 minutes later
Doctor sorry to bother you
Kindly suggest the right line of treatment to have a permanent impact by taking any medicine on daily basis inspite of taking some medicine before having sex .
Thanks

Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 3 minutes later
Premature ejaculation is unfortunately not some thing that disappears entirely with regular usage. There are disadvantages of using medicines on a regular basis, as most of these medicines belong to a group of drugs called SSRIs which have anti-depressant activity. That is the reason why dapoxetine was found to be more useful
If you really insist on a drug for regular use, Clomipramine might work, but has side-effects like daytime drowsiness. Also can cause trouble if you discontinue the medicine suddenly. If you are comfortable with this, I suggest you try it for a month or two, and see if you find it useful.
Regards.

Should i stop pexep cr 25 or add this medicine with it or increase my pexep cr 25 dosage to 37.5
Thanks

Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 8 hours later
As I said I prefer not to prescribe these medicines on a regular basis in view of the side effects. Thus I would suggest that the lowest dose be taken, if at all.