Taking oxylite for extended period of time. Will it damage hair and prevent it from growing?

Jun 2015

Can taking oxy elite pro for an extended period of time damage my hair and cause breakage and thinning and prevent it from growing?
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible by effect on thyroid & metabolic rate

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Oxy elite pro acts by keeping the body alert, boosting the metabolism, activates the thyroid gland and turn off the receptors that tell the body to store fat.
In this way it helps in weight reduction.

There are no sufficient studies done on this product's safety. However as you are on this product for prolonged period of time, by the virtue of changing thyroid gland function it may be responsible for hair loss.

I would suggest you to stop this product for 2-3 months and see if hair fall improves. If it does then there is a definite association. It would also be helpful to check your thyroid hormones at a laboratory.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.