Taking orniv-O for stomach inflammation. Have redness in eye. Does mucaine gel help any enzymes?

I have had a 2 month long bout of stomach inflammation - was treated with Orniv-O antibiotics, and later another round of antibiotics. too. Now I continue to have a bloated stomach on 2-3 days a week. Omaze ( Omeprazole 20mg ), calms the condition for that day. I have No pain - No blood in stools, no fever - no diarrohea - no constipation; Due to this porlonged condition, body is hot and get a boil like ( not boil as no eye / puss ) on nostril, chin at times and also redness in the eye corners are visible if the bloating is more. Does Mucaine Gel help or Sorbitol or any enzymes? Have tried uni-enzyme and probiotics like Sporolac and econorm intermitttently as week long course. Please advise
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diet plus supplements. Detailed Answer: Hi, Two month long course of antibiotics (Ornidazole and Oflox) is a huge stress on the other cells which were not infected or normal cells. So they take at least a month to two to recover. I suggest you to stop taking Omeprazole. Rely on Mucaine gel and Sporolac/Econorm. Sporolac can be continued for a month. I do not suggest any other mineral/vitamin supplements now. If you are not in a position to eat good, nutritious and easily digestable food then you can take other supplements. Treat your gut soft. It just got hurt be it by germs or antibiotics. Give it time meanwhile rely on mashed food than hard food, rely on soups, barley, rice water. Soft dal / ganzi are good and easily digestible. The gut should not consume more energy to digest than the calories that it gets through food. Eat frequently and less quantity. Split lunch two times and and do frequent and light snack. Drink a lot of water, coconut water, diluted butter milk etc. You should be fine in two weeks time. You can follow up with me after a week and say how you are doing.