Taking orgamed to postpone period. Had unprotected sex. Will this work as contraceptive pill?

May 2013
hi i m taking orgamed tablet from last 5 days to post pron my period n i had unprotected sex so it ll work as contraceptive pills or i hv to take i pill
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

If you are having regular cycles and if you are taking the orgamed tablets in the last week of your menstrual cycle, the chances of pregnancy are very less.
Because the fertile period might have completed by this time.
But if your cycles are irregular and if the fertile period cannot be estimated, you can go for emergency pill.
Because orgamed won't give protection from pregnancy if they are not taken from the beginning of menstrual cycle.
But one thing should be remembered that emergency pill can cause menstrual irregularities. So you have to continue orgamed tablets as usual till the date you want to postpone the periods.
Because of higher dosage of hormones you may have nausea, bloating sensation etc side effects. Usually these will subside soon, if not you can go for symptomatic treatment.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.