Taking oral tetralysal for possible Rosacea. Why is it getting redder although spots are going?

Male, 52, no other health issues and taking Oral Tetralysal for possible Rosacea and my skin seems to be getting redder over areas of body as well as across whole face, although spots are going? Is this a possible effect of the pills after 2 weeks use?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Tetralysal contains lymecycline. After two weeks of use, it can cause sensitivity of skin to light causing the redness on your body. It causes photosensitivity and may cause peeling of skin in some cases.
The side effects of this pill are largely reversible on stopping its use. Please do not worry. You can avoid exposure to the sun by a physical barrier like umbrella to avoid further aggravation of the discoloration.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.