Taking oral contraceptive, had non-penetrative sex. Sore breasts, delayed periods, negative pregnancy test. Can I still be pregnant?

I have a question regarding pregnancy. I was fooling about with my boyfriend on day 8 on my cycle. I had my last period on march 16th and this occured on march 24th. We were naked and rubbing against each other. I am on oral contraceptive XXXXXXX We did not penetrate or he did not ejaculate. I am currently on my pill free week. I always get my period on day3 of the pill free week but have not received it this time. I took a pregnancy test in Monday 11th as I'd extremely sore breasts. It Came up negative. Why has my period not come? Could we still be pregnant?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Since you are taking the oral pill regularly and you have not missed any pill, your chances of being pregnant are negligible.
A penetration and ejaculation inside is necessary that too near your fertile period to have a conception.
Please do not worry as you have a negative pregnancy test too. The delay in your periods is likely to be related to the oral pills. It is normal not to have the periods during the pill free period while being on oral pills.
Breast soreness again is not a sure sign of pregnancy. You can start taking your next pack of pills as scheduled.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.