Taking omez for acidity problem. Facing severe gas formation in morning. Required treatment?

sir for acidity iam using daily omez 20 mg 1 capsule in the morning from long time
My problem is my waist in the morning is flat and increases 2 inches by evening
my age is 47 yrs, wt 70 kg's and 165 cms tall
gas formation is more in the morning when i wake up
daily 2 times free motion and daily 5 miles brisk walk in one hour

kindly guide me
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 48 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your concern.

You are having Acid Peptic disorder and this medicine helps to reduce hyperacidity. But then, is there any reason for taking it continuously?

1) Please let me know the reason, as acid in the stomach helps in digestion and also protects the gastro-intestinal tract.

2) I would like to know if you have undergone upper GI endoscopy and tests for H. Pylori.
Your distension of abdomen is due to excessive gas formation. Certain food items like milk can cause it.
You need to check if you have any lactose intolerance.

In the mean time, increase your water intake. Triple therapy for H. Pylori may help you.
Supplement of prebiotics and probiotics helps to reduce gas. You may have to consult a gastroenterologist for a upper GI endoscopy and appropriate medication.

Hope this information helps you, let me know if can further assist you in this matter.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.