Taking omaprezone. Have constant nausea. Associated with inhibiting of gastric acids. Suggest

I am taking omaprezone daily in conjunction with rheumatoid arthritise medicatons (methotrexate and plaquenil. I have constant but not severe nausea and wonder if this is associated with the inhibiting of gastric acids - and is there anything I could do diet wise or otherwise to assist my digestion? I am 75 years old.
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later

Nausea is not associated with the omperazole but it has strong correlation with methotrexate and plaquenil .

For this you should take motility enhancing and antinauseating drug such as ondaserton after consulting your doctor.

You should use isabghol husk along with water thee times a week and drink 2 glasses of water early in the morning.

Take leafy vegetables and fruit juices.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Taking omaprezone. Have constant nausea. Associated with inhibiting of gastric acids. Suggest 3 hours later
Thank you for your very clear answer to my query. Please could you explain 'motility enhancing'- also isabhgol husk- this is something I have not heard of - what is its function?
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 26 minutes later

Thanks for your follow up

Ispaghol husk is a compound naturally occurring herbal medication. It is mainly used as a dietary fiber, which is not absorbed by the small intestine. The purely mechanical action absorbs excess water while stimulating normal bowel elimination.

Motility enhancing drug as domperidone is very effective in relieving nausea.

If you do not have any more questions, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health