Taking novelon for irregular period. Had unprotected sex. What should I do now?

Question
hi my wife had unusual bleeding problem due to imbalance Harmone. then she took Novelon pills, as prescribed by the doctor ( but missed the exact time of pil taking abt 10 times) and after completion of 21 days n she started ta take the pill after 4 days and continue abt 6 days by mistake. during that time her period stopped. and when we discussed with doctor she told to stop. We also had intercourse during pill taking .now she is not taking any pill and we both are in tension..
I want to know, is there any harmful bcz of taking extra pil, kindly help us out .
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Extra tablets contains only iron and vitamins.
There is no harm even if she conceives.
So relax.

Let me know if you need further clarification.
I will be happy to help.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Taking novelon for irregular period. Had unprotected sex. What should I do now? 20 minutes later
can i be sign of pregnency or she can have periods (as pills taking stopped 2 days before)

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 26 minutes later
This type of bleeding is due to irregular pills.
Its called breakthrough bleeding.
Chances of pregnancy are minimum.

regards,
Dr Nilofer

Dear Madam,
I think there is some confusion in my question. i Clear it.
In Actual, she had periods dated 18~20 Feb'13, then, on 2nd Mar'13 she had unusual bleeding first time, then on 10th Mar'13 unusual bleeding second time and then 14th Mar'13 unusual bleeding third time. After that she had regular period cycle on 18th~20 Mar'13. then we met to doctor on 18th Mar'13 and she prescribed to take Novelon Tablet . My wife took that tablet till 21 days from 21st Mar'13. and took a break from 10th~14th Apr.Then, by mistake she again started to take the Novelon pill from 15th Apr'13, And by default her period missed (i.e 18th ~20th) and locked. Now she stopped to take the pill from 23rd Apr'13 (as prescribed by Doctor). During pill taking time (21st Mar'13 ~22nd Apr'13), she missed actual pill taking tym @15 times and we had intercourse also.
Kindly, clear my doubt that -- will her period ger start (within a Day or Tow)? If not then -- is She Pregnenet ? I am worried ,as we both have planned for a BABY from Dec'12 onwards.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
I got your question.
Yes, she can expect her periods in a day or two.
If not, ask her to get a urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy.

Hope your doubts are clear.
regards,
Dr Nilofer