Taking norco. Feels like to have panic attack. Side effect of medicine?

Nov 2013

I am currently taking Norco 7.5/325. I take 2 a day and today I started having what felt like a panic attack due to the fact I didnt take a Norco. I had dinner and then took 1 and a half, now I feel weird and sort of panicky. What could be there problem?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 15 minutes later

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms do not suggest any serious disease.

You are anxious and have symptoms of panic, which would go away over a period of time.

Norco contains hydrocodone (in addition to acetaminophen). Hydrocodone is an opioid (narcotic), which may occasional cause these side effects.

If your symptoms are troubling you, you may take clonazepam for a few days.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow-up: Taking norco. Feels like to have panic attack. Side effect of medicine? 4 minutes later
So I shouldn't be alarmed? I take just the 2 a day even tho my dr says 4 a day. Why does it cause the panicky feeling to onset? Are these also withdrawal symptoms? I have only been on them for a month.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 minutes later

Thank you for getting back.

Yes, there is no need to get alarmed, as you would soon improve.

These are withdrawal symptoms, however, very minor in nature.

As you are on them for only a month (and that too only two a day), I do not expect any major problems.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine) DM (Neurology)