Taking nitrofurantoin for UTI. Have inguinal tonsil and noticed inflammation around tonsil due to antibiotic. What is the cure?

Sep 2013

i am 25. i got UTI and i visit the docter. he gave me ofloxacin for 5 days which didnt cured . then he gave me nitrofurantoin for 10 days which also didnt not work. i have got inguinal tonsil and inflamation all around due to the antibiotic. I am really scared.. I smoke also
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Urinary Tract Infection & treatment . Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXXX, Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. You took ofloxacin and nitrofurantoin for UTI. The most common side effects of nitrofurantoin are rash, urticaria, exfoliative dermatitis , SIALADENITIS ( this is responsible for tonsils infection). Oral thrush developed due to excessive use of antibiotics . Use triamcilone gel (oral paste ) for local use over infected tonsils. Also take lactic acid bacillus tablets 150 million spores for 5-7 days for oral thrush (tonsils), available in tablet forms as an OTC product.Avoid smoking , if possible. Still UTI present then get in urine culture and drug sensitivity test and get treatment from an Urologist . Hope this information will be helpful for you. Further any question I will reply in follow up. Good luck. Dr. HET