Taking nifedipine, losartin. Again prescribed with clonidine twice daily. Should clonidine be taken with the other medicines at the same time?

Dec 2012

I take multiple B.P. meds: nifedipine, losartin, and yesterday my doctor just began to prescribe clonidine twice daily. The losartin and nifedipine is taken once daily. My question is do I take my first dose of the clonidine at the same time as my once daily meds or at a different time? Thank you.
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It does not really matter

Detailed Answer:

I do not think it really matters as there is no fixed time for taking it. It is best to take your medicines at ones so as not to forget taking any other dose. The medications do not interact adversely with each other so it is safe to take them at ones.
All three medications are all used to control high blood pressure, so I want to believe that you must be having problems controlling the BP with just nifedipine and losartan.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah