Taking nexium and having stomach upset. How long should I take nexium?

I AM TAKING NEXIUM 1/2 HOUR BEFORE I EAT AND SOMETIMES IT WORKS OTHER TIMES IT DOESNT. AM I NOT GIVING IT ENOUGH TIME. SHOULD I WAIT 1 HOUR OR DOES IT MATTER I have tried two nexium-one in the morning and one in the evening. I was awake all night and today my stomache is upset. how long should it take nexium to work. I have been on it for 1 1/2 weeks
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can take Nexium at least 1/2 hour b/eating... Detailed Answer: Hi, Usually, Nexium is advised to be taken at least 1/2 hour before the meal. So, if you want to wait longer, can wait without any problem. The problem is when you do not wait for at least half an hour. If you don't feel better, you may try adding one of the prokinetic drugs like domperidone to it. I recommend my patient this combination for better results. Your treating doctor will know about this medication. Apart taking Nexium, the foods you eat do also matter. Therefore, please - eat foods that do not cause your stomach to be upset - eat often, and small portions - drink more water - do not lay down immediately after eating - have your dinner at least 4 hours before going to bed Hope you are satisfied with the answer! If you have further concern, do not hesitate to write back to me! Dr.Sejdini