Taking nexito plus and mirtaz for anxiety. Advised to increase the dosage of mirtaz. Could I stop nexito?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, my father is taking nexito plus (5mg), alprax(0.5) and mirtaz (15). He is complaining heavy head, anxiety during day time and also complains that he has no mood and doesn't feel like going out. His psychiatrist has advised to increase dosage of mirtaz. Can nexito be stopped in that case?
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: no you cant stop. Detailed Answer: Hello Both medication have different mechanism of action and are used for different symptoms. So you cant stop Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care p them.