Taking neosporin and amoxicillin after dog bite. Had taken rabies injection. What causes itching and mild rashes?

hii my pet dog bit me two days back ....he has been administered rabies injections 7 i too have had my tetanus shots a year experiencing mild itch and very mild rashes like mosquito bite .im currently taking neosporin topically & amoxicillin orally
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: continue the medication given Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in. The dog bite may have caused abrasion and some bacterial infection. Which may give rise to red spots and itching. However if you can post photos of the affected area it would be of great help in predicting the condition. For the time being you can continue the neosporin ointment and amoxycillin capsule. Also you can take tab.cetirizine once or twice a day for itching. Hope this helps. I will be available for follow up. Regards Dr Sudarshan. MD Dermatology
Follow-up: Taking neosporin and amoxicillin after dog bite. Had taken rabies injection. What causes itching and mild rashes? 16 minutes later
Sir I was wondering if I could be experiencing contact dermititis due to neosporin I have updated an image of the cut......u can see mild eruptions on the left side of tha hand a small distance away from the actual cut
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Stop neosporin Detailed Answer: Hi again, Ive gone through the image uploaded. You are right and it can be contact dermatitis due to neosporin. You can now apply a mild steroid +antibiotic cream like fusidic acid plus beclomethasone cream twice a day.It is available as Fusiwal B cream or Fudic BNF cream in stores.A 3 -5 days application should be sufficient.If the swelling increases a visit to your treating doctor would be advisable. I will be available for follow up. Hope this helps. Regards.