Taking moxifloxacin for vaginal pseudomonas aeruginosa. Any alternate cure?

Hi, I have a 16 year old daughter who has vaginal pseudomonas aeruginosa. She is a virgin and we believe she contacted it while swimming. She has taken Moxifloxacin 400mg once day x5 days. She is still have the vaginal drainage but now it is turning a brown color. No itching or pain, there is an odor. Do you have any other suggestions?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 59 minutes later
Pseudomonas in the vaginal culture is rare. Its a severe infection and needs to be treated expidiently. It would be my opinion that the antibiotic she has taken is mild and didnt work completely. I would advise that a higher grade antibiotics be given,and if required injectables be given. Unless the foul odour and discharge go away completely,the infection remains. Please take the report to her doctor again and talk about changing the antibiotic.