Taking movalol, topirol and Stamina OD for migraine. What is the permanent relief for migraine?

Neurologist, Surgical
Hello Doctor , Am having the pain in the region where the neck connects with the head(back side).Doctors diagnosed as migrane and am taking tablets.The tables they prescribed are as follows Movalol 20(1 per day),Topirol 50(1 per day),Stamina OD (1 PER DAY) .Even though this is under control now , am getting this pain often.Also am under medication for past 2 years.Please suggest a permanent relief for this.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 1 hour later
Brief Answer: MIGRAINE Detailed Answer: Dear Mr. XXXXXXX XXXX Hello, My best wishes for a speedy recovery. I have gone through your medical history in detail. You’re having pain in nape of neck along with migraine, on regular medication. May I suggest you 1. Continue taking medications as advised by your doctor 2. Check with MRI brain to rule out any intracranial organic lesion. 3 Check with your MRI CERVICAL SPINE to rule out any cervical cause of your headache . 4 Destress yourself if you’re too busy/stressed . Do some destressing /yoga/medication. All these help in reducing frequency of headaches. 5. Check your blood pressure regularly to see if hypertension is the cause of your headache. 6. AVOID HEAVY/OILY MEALS esp. during night. 7 Keep a gap of about 2 hours between dinner & going to bed. 8 Check your eyes for any refractory errors . Hope all this will relieve your headaches & reduce its frequency & severity. Thanx Dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX Director Deptt. of neurosurgery