Taking morning after pill for second time. Safe?

Hi, I need to take the morning After pill for the second time(one week apart) is this safe and what are the side effects?
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
It is not bad to use morning after pill twice in a week if you want to avoid unwanted pregnancy.It is quite safe and can be used as often as it is needed.
However it does have associated side effects like nausea,bloating,cramping,unscheduled vaginal bleeding etc.Other side effect is that your menstrual cycles become very irregular.
For all these reasons,you should use other forms of contraception like oral contraceptive pill,Depo- provera or an IUD.
Talk to your doctor if you are interested in any of the above mentioned contraceptive methods.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck