Taking mirtazapine and olanzapine. Checking whether gluten is present in it?

I am checking to make sure that there is no gluten in my mothers two medications. They are mirtazapine and olanzapine. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
They are Gluten-free.

Detailed Answer:

The two medications, Olanzapine and Mirtazapine do not contain gluten. You may check the following link for evidence.

While Mirtazapine belongs to the class of tricyclic antidepressants, Olanzapine belongs to a class of drugs called atypical anti-psychotics.

Hope your query is clarified. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.