Taking mintop 10 along with finasteride. Having hair fall after stopping mintop. Suggest the medication and diet to be taken?

Question

i am using MINTOP 10 now with two tablet with combination of (Gamma Linolenic Acid,Multivatamin, Multimineral & natural Extracts Tablet) and Finasteride Tablets ip 1mg).

but after staring MINTOP 10 my hair fall has increased too much. before that i have used MINTOP FORTE during that time my hair fall is under controlled but i have taken break for 1 month as i have not used any medicine during this period. please suggest what should i do. which medicine or which type of food shampoo i have to use.

now my age is 29 and above medicines i have used after doctor advised . i am using it from last seven months.
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Stop Mintop 10, Use Mintop forte/5.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for using XXXXXXX

It is one of the common problem and I too see many patients with similar complaints in my clinic.

Since you have developed more hair fall after starting Mintop 10, and with Mintop Forte your were doing good, I advice you to stop Mintop 10 and continue only Mintop forte. You can try Mintop 5 also.

You should continue the same drug and dosage which shows improvement with less side effect.

Continue multivitamins combination tablets.
I usually advice finasteride in the late stages after trying Mintop due to its side effects. If you get good result with mintop alone then you can stop Finasteride or else you can continue this drug with minoxidil for limited period of time.

Avoid more combing your hairs and comb only in the direction of your hairs. Avoid applying dyes and shampoos with chemicals and you can try herbal shampoos.

Hope this answered your query and will help in management.
Feel free to ask any related query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Taking mintop 10 along with finasteride. Having hair fall after stopping mintop. Suggest the medication and diet to be taken? 12 hours later
Thanks for your answer.

I have dry hair. Do to that I am applying coconut oil also. Should I continue with this or use some other oil. I use to wear helmet on daily basis for two hours as I have to travel everyday one hour for one side, is it also affect the hair loss.
As suggested by you from today I am going to use MINTOP FORTE again please tell me in how many days it will take again stop hair fall . And till how long I have to use the MINTOP to get cured fully.

Which type of food will help me to stop hair fall.

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 41 minutes later
Hi thanks for followup question.
You can use coconut oil once or XXXXXXX twice a week. This is good for dry skin and dry hairs.

Wearing helmet will definately affect you. Try to avoid it as far as possible.

Mintop requires long term use. As it prevents fall of hair by allowing continuous blood supply to hair roots by causing vasodilation. So i advice you to use for min 3-5 months.

Diet XXXXXXX in protein and vitamins will help you. Eat liver, green leafy vegitables, fruits more. Avoid roots and tubers. Early morning out door exercise will help you.

Hope this clarified your queries. Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Taking mintop 10 along with finasteride. Having hair fall after stopping mintop. Suggest the medication and diet to be taken? 1 hour later
HI
Thanks for reply.

I use to do outdoor exercise at gym. But usually I get problem of acidity , is it also affect that hair loss. If yes then please suggest how to avoid that. Minimum how many hours sleep required for me. As usually I sleep around 5-6 hours daily at night.

Any suggestion or advice from your side to quiet recovery from hair Loss.

I am too concerned about this please help on this issue.

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 12 hours later
Hi thanks for the follow up quety.

Exercise won't affect your hair fall. But if very strenous then it can cause problem. So adjust your XXXXXXX work.

Sleep 6-8 hour sound sleep is required which consists of regular undisturbed sleep.

I advice you to lead stress free life. Then your hair and well being will improve. Hope I clarified your doubts. Feel free to ask if any query.
Wish you good health.