Taking microgestin fe. Had unprotected sex. Having swollen breast. Pregnancy?

I am worried I may be pregnant. I am on Microgestin Fe 1/20. I have had sex with my boyfriend the past month, but have been letting him go inside me. I am for the most part pretty regular with taking my pill every morning. The time I am worried about getting pregnant is that we had sex a day after my period ended, (around Feb, 8th) so I was still on the placebo pills. I then started taking my next month's pack like normal. I have noticed though that the last week and today my breasts have been hurting and a bit swollen. I am suppose to start my period next Tuesday or during next week. (March 5th - 11th). Should i be concerned, I plan on taking a pregnancy test soon. We have intercourse fairly often and he doesn't pull out.
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 39 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us on health care magic.

Birth control pills 99% effective.
Since you are on regular birth control pills, your chances of getting pregnant is less than 1%. Moreover you had sex soon after finishing your periods which is considered as safe period. So there is nothing to worry about. Swollen and tender breasts may be the effect of hormone (progesterone) in second half of the cycle.
I recommend you to get a urine pregnancy test once you miss your periods.
So relax and don't worry.

Hope this answers your query,
Dr Nilofer