Taking metoprololo. Feeling weakness and pressure in head. Have low heart rate. What to do?

General Surgeon
Thank you

My problem is my heart rate vary's between 32 - 42 and skips beats, my blood pressure is at 150/85 and I am on metoprololo. 50mg twice a day.
I do feel some weakness and some head pressure

How can I increase my heart rate and beating cosistancy ?
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

I suggest you to visit cardiologist as soon as possible. Such low heart rate can be caused by heart block and can leave to heart arrest. Also Metoprolol which slows down heart rate can aggravate heart block and is contraindicated with such low heart rate. Moreover you need some medicines for hypertension. As you are after a heart surgery, you definitely should visit cardiologist, have some tests and medicines prescribed. It may happen that peacemaker will be necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.