Taking metoporol. Had ablation. Taking supplement HCG. Suggestions?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Hi, I am currently taking metoporol 25mg twice a day for a-fib. Had the ablation in March with great results. Want to know if taking the supplement HCG for weight control and resetting metabolism, will interfere with heart med. Thank you, Dianne Had a stress test in dec of 12 and did excellant. Echoi in XXXXXXX good no problems do not have any other medical problems other than bad knee
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 3 hours later
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
It is good to know that you have been successfully treated for atrial fibrillation and that your current therapy of metoprolol is keeping you in good health.
The use of HCG for weight control has not been proved to be effective in this context. Therefore, there are no studies to look at how it interacts with other medicines.
I can say that, theoretically, it is unlikely to interfere with metoprolol therefore, your atrial fibrillation will, most likely, remain under control.
I hope this has been of help to you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger