Taking metformin and ovcon. Have stomach pain, bloating, loss of appetite and weight loss. Reason?

I am having stomach issues. Last weekend we took some of the kids we volunteer with on a trip and had a lot of junk food - so at first I thought maybe just that?? It has been over a week though, and I am still bloated worse than ever, feel very full, and have even gained a couple pounds since being home. I am miserable and don't know if this is something that will just go away or is affiliated with my endometriosis or pcos or the meds I take (metformin, ovcon-35). I just need to feel well before starting back to work after spring break! Having stomach cramps, bloating, feeling full and unable to eat much at a time, brief nausea here and there.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 38 minutes later
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I went through the history that you mentioned and from your description it appears that there could be three possibilities:
1) Gastritis
2) Hepatitis A
3) Endometriosis

Gastritis may have developed when you went out and may sometimes persist. All you have to do is take a course of anti acids to treat the condition and eat bland type of food.
Eating out and such complains can also be associated with liver functions and you will get to know. If it is positive it may take 3-4 weeks to recover and treatment is mostly symptomatic.
Lastly yes as you have rightly suggested, your endometriosis might also be responsible for the above mentioned symptoms. You outdoor visit and start of the symptoms could be just a co-incidence. You should get a fresh Ultrasound abdomen done.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.