Taking medicine for sleep apnea and LPR. Feeling heaviness in head. Blood test normal. Prognosis?

Last 6 months were a mess for me...My physical symptoms are scaring me.First of all I was diagnosed with sleep apnea.After I started using the machine my head feels very heavy and sometimes i feel dizzy too.I also got diagnosed with LPR which makes me very uncomfortable because I feel my throat is shutting down sometimes.It is interfering with my daily normal life and i keep on having these symptoms all day.I'm an active person and goes for 3-4 mile brisk walk 4 times every week.My blood reports and my stress test came normal too.Please tell me what is going on with me
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 33 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I think I have answered your answer earlier.
But heaviness of the head is complained by some people using the CPAP machine.This is when your ears or sinus are blocked due to allergies or cold and flu congestion then a pressure difference can develop between your different body cavities. This pressure difference will cause discomfort and even pain, similar to diving XXXXXXX into a pool.
Some people may find in the morning that they are experiencing gas or a bloated stomach after sleeping with the CPAP machine in place.
Kindly consult your respiratory physician about modification of pressure in the CPAP machine.
I think you should get well soon.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.