Taking medicine for kidney stones. Found stone in spleen. Should I be worried?

i have had kidney stones on both kidneys for 12 years, but now the ct scan shows a small stone in my spleen. Is there any reason to be concerned with spleen? currently take Urocit K and Uloric for kidney stones. Most kidney stones, although at times very painful pass on their own. An average of 3 a year have to be removed from ureter yearly. Will I likely have to have the stone removed from my spleen?
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 37 minutes later
hi there,

kidney stones and spleen stones are two different things. calcific density in the spleen is called calcification. it is not a stone and it is not something which needs to be removed.

As we grow old calcium deposits can be seen in various tissues including blood vessels.

Do you have a problem of kidney stones? It is worth checking for secondary hypercalcemia. You should get your serum calcium, phosphorus, Parathyroid hormone (iPTH) levels. Check your serum creatinine and uric acid levels and Complete blood counts. These will help you identify any condition leading to increased chances of calcification.

Splenic calcification are generally benign and you need not worry.

Hope this helps, Any query please write in.