Taking medicine for high cholesterol. Scheduled for an angiogram. Looking for your suggestion

HI am a 63 year old male that exercises daily - biking or jogging daily. i do have high cholesterol that is managed by medicine (146 total) I am scheduled for an angiogram where they may put a stent in - how soon can I fly?
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 14 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence. How do you know you are for stent implantation : unless CT Angiogram or routine coronary angiogram has revealed a lesion before hand?
Assuming a stent is implanted tomorrow, I am taking your word for it and basing my reply on my experience; you can fly in a civilian aircraft for a flight lasting for 4-5 hours in economy class (Should you want) 72 hours after stent implantation. Please take your medicines in handbag. For longer duration flight I suggest wait for 2 days more than that. Good Luck. If you have a followup query I will be only too happy to answer. Regards.

With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW