Taking medicine for high bp and high cholesterol. Noticed tiny black particles in urine. What is wrong?

Why are there tiny black particles in my urine? First noticed particles after riding my bike for 65 minutes. I take medicine for high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 2 hours later
Thanks for visiting XXXXXXX

Black particles in urine can be blood clots, stone, or sloughs originating in urinary tract. Considering your history of prostate cancer, it becomes mandatory for thorough evaluation of the symptom. Ideally XXXXXXX an urologist of your area and discuss your problem.

For the time being go for full urinalysis including routine microscopy, urinary pH, culture, sensitivity, and pathologist review of the nature of the particles. You must also go for ultrasonography of kidney ureter bladder (KUB) with a special emphasis on visualization of any growth in bladder neck area.
I wish if you could tell me, about any sort of pain experienced in loin region, sensing of burning urination, loss of weight, any XXXXXXX bloody urine etc.

You may take plenty of fluids with urine alkalinizer if you have burning sensation, can try urinary antibiotics if pus cells come in urine microscopy.
XXXXXXX your doctor once full report is available.

Best wishes