Taking medicine for general phobia. Trying to quit revotrail. Will it be safe to take dormicum?

Do not suffer from chronic diseases
I suffer from general phobia
Now, I am using these Medicines since 2007:
1- Seroxat Cr25
2- Revotrail 0.5 (one tablet a day)
3- DORMICUM 7.5 (actually I did not take it till today!!

My Question is:
I want to stop taking revotrail In order to avoid addiction, I don't know if the DORMICUM can be instead of revo. is it? also I Suffer from difficulty in swallowing and shortness of breath, but when I take the revotrail everythings become Ok. I don't know where is the problem, should I change the seroxat? help me please, I am so tired

Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 7 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Revotrail has a long life in the body. Dormicum has a short life and it is a good medication to help fall asleep. It cannot be a subsitute for the revotrail (clonazepam). If you want to take dormicum instead of clonazepam you should take it several times a day which is hard to take. If you wish you decrease and evetually discontinue the medications, you can ask your doctor to hold some talk sessions for you. It can focus on self confidence or interpersonal relationships or the one that you have some issues. Many people with generalized anxiety disorder have such a problem. I wish you a good, drug free life.
Follow-up: Taking medicine for general phobia. Trying to quit revotrail. Will it be safe to take dormicum? 5 hours later
also I Suffer from difficulty in swallowing and shortness of breath
Should I take more than 1 tablets of seroxat?
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 19 hours later
Hi there, fortunately most of the symptoms including shortness of breath and dissiculty in swallowing are treated with 25 of seroxat. You can ask your doctor to prescribe for you the long acting form. It covers all the day and night and is a better option.combination of revotrail (1 mg a day) and seroxat (25 mg a day) is enough for your situation as they are covering shortness of breath and difficulty in swallowing. There is no need to increase the dose of seroxat. Seroxat is a medication which has a relatively short life in the body. It should be taken twice a day ( 12.5 mg + 12.5 mg) or in the form of slow release (long acting) as it was mentioned. Let me know if you have any other question. I wish you a good and enjoyable life Best wishes.