Taking medicine for diabetes. Started vomiting and feeling nausea. Easy way to get cure?

Jan 2013

I m diabetic and on medicene for the last 20 years andit is in control. I m 64 years of age.In Dec 2012 i had a nauseatic feeling and vomitted.and also i found my legs were unsteady and wobbling. and perspiring in the month of dec.I thought my sugar had gone down and took two sweet biscuits but i find sugar was okay.On checking my doc.found my BP was high ie 170/100 and this is the first time my BP had risen to this level and gave me BP medicine and this vomiting tendency has disappeared for the present but i do not know for how long.My another dr.gave me medicene for gas and i m taking it.Pl let me know what it is and what should i do.This unsteadiness and nauseatic feeling shoulg go on account of which i feel uncomfortable.
Posted Tue, 12 Feb 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 37 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Diabetes is associated with multiple complications regarding almost all systems of our body.
Few complications of long lasting diabetes may occur irrespective of your blood sugar status (whether controlled or not).
With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of gastrointestinal complications of diabetes.
Long lasting diabetes may cause autonomic system dysfunction with decreased gastrointestinal movement and persistent feeling of nausea and vomiting.
Decreased gastrointestinal motility may also cause abdominal bloating, abdominal heaviness, excessive flatulence and halitosis.

Sudden rise of blood pressure, sweating could also be part of autonomic dysfunction.
As such there is no correlation between blood sugar and described symptoms as your blood sugar level was normal.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ endocrinologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should remain in touch with your treating doctor regarding blood pressure status and gastrointestinal symptoms.
You should also go for Electrocardiography (ECG), coronary angiography as you have started developing complication regarding diabetes and you are at high risk for heart related complications also.

You should take antihypertensive medications, if necessary.
You should take small amount of frequent meals.
You should take low fat high fibre diet.
You should also take prokinetics for improvement of your symptoms.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Taking medicine for diabetes. Started vomiting and feeling nausea. Easy way to get cure? 24 minutes later
1. You have not said anything about the unsteadiness part.Is it due to diabetes or related to BP and what should i do to avoid this unsteadiness. 2.Are you advising that i should take the medicene prescribed by you and if so in what doses and what time. 3. Since you are the specialist of XXXXXXX medication where will you be available.Where are you based ? If u are in Delhi i certainly would want to come to u.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 42 minutes later
Unsteadiness appears most likely due to diabetes complication.
Unsteadiness is a broad term and has many causes. Unsteadiness may be due blood pressure fall, inner ear pathology, cerebellum vascular pathology, nervous system dysfunction.
Exact diagnosis can only be made only after clinical examination.
You can take Itopride 150 mg/ Levosulpiride 75 mg (both are prokinetics) 30 minutes before breakfast once in a day.
I am practicing physician in Kullu, XXXXXXX pradesh, India (Not in delhi).
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava