Taking medicine for depression. Have IBS. Any permanent cure?

Since child hood I was interested in science and started getting diseases easily remembered medicine names now I am 33 I am taking medicines for depression and anxiety as per the doctor. Please suggest me why I am always surrounded by doctors , medicines and frequent hospital visits. Now I am look like or I am partially become a doctor to treat some of the diseases but my own disease i am not knowing please suggest me. I also have IBS which is recurring frequently it makes my quality of life poor. I always compare with other individuals as they are fit and worry about why I am unfit. I am very intelligent and want to live my life well but now question arises how long I will survive like this will i get a big disease in future or not. Plz help me as I want to know it is a disorder or mental problem , from childhood or it started some years before. Many times I get some attacks like I will die , increasing my heartbeat, listening pounding heartbeat in the ears. But fortunately until now nothing severe had happened to me.

Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 55 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic to resolve your queries.
From the symptoms that you have described and from what you have written, it is apparent that you are having an anxiety disorder with panic attacks. The anxiety and depression makes you see the world in a more gloomy way than it actually is. You should soon XXXXXXX a psychiatrist who can assess you in detail and would like to start you on certain drugs and psychotherapy. Drugs useful for your condition are paroxetine, escitalopram, venlafaxine, benzodiazepines and propranolol etc. Cognitive behavioural therapy will be useful for you and will help your regain control over your life by making you think rationally. Early morning exercise and good diet will also help you. And finally don't worry that much as nothing bad is going to happen to you during these panic attacks as they are self remitting and resolve by self with in 10-30 min.
Regarding you IBS disease, its a recurrent illness and stays for years. You should be in constant touch with your gastroenterologist for this case.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be more than happy to help you if you need any further clarifications.
In case you don’t need any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review if possible.
Wish you a good health!