Taking medicine for cough and sore throat. Diagnosed with allergy and sensitive throat. Asthma?

ENT Specialist
Request you to refer the history below. I have sour throat, caugh, irritation in my throat for more than 5 weeks. At times phlegm is also there. I have mentioned medication below which gave me relief but then the proboem started again.
My ENT says its allergy and sensitive throat. He also says that if this is with cold then it can lead to Asthama. Since I am not getting any relief at all, kindly help me- Thanks
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 12 hours later
Hello. i am Dr. Ravinder Sharma, ENT surgeon. On the basis of the information provided, it appears that you have a problem related to a disease in nose, throat or chest. Your consultation has also suggested a disease of throat as explained by your ENT specialist. Long standing problem of thorat allergy or nasal problem can be a cause of asthma.

i would advise you for a sinus x-ray, x-ray soft tissue neck lateral view , x-ray chest , nasal endoscopy and a blood test (TLC, DLC, ESR) to reach a diagnosis. As you have told that you have improvement in symptoms with medication. I would further suggest you to take a complete course of medication advised and in case you have recurrence of symptoms you can plan for the tests advised.

I hope this answers your concern. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions about this

with regards
Ravinder Sharma