Taking medicine for cold and flu. Got dry and itchy skin on genital. Any thoughts?

I have a cold/flu. was taking cold medication day and night for four days. all of a sudden, my genitals became very dry and itchy. read there may be a link between the meds and my symptoms. stopped cold meds about 4 days ago, itching has vastly improved in vagina and anus, but labia minora still itch. drinking lots of water seems to help. any thoughts? am 40 years old, regular cycle.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 17 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Could you please clarify which medicines are you taking for cold.
This would help in answering your query in a specific manner.

Waiting for your reply.
Dr Nilofer
Follow-up: Taking medicine for cold and flu. Got dry and itchy skin on genital. Any thoughts? 28 hours later
I am taking Tylenol cold, daytime and night time formula, if it helps, there is no discharge, etc. I have never had a yeast infection.
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 9 hours later
Thanks for your reply.

Tylenol contains acetaminophen. Acetaminophen is used for the relief of fever as well as aches and pains associated with many conditions.
One of the common side effects include Itching and dryness.
You are probably allergic to Tylenol.
Good that you stopped taking Tylenol.
You can take an antihistamine if itching is severe.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Dr Nilofer