Taking medicine for bp and cholesterol. Developed burning sensation on forehead and legs. Side effect?

Question
I HAVE BP OF 140/100. AM TAKING REPACE AF ,ALSO I HAVE TOTAL CHOLOSTROL OF 240, AM TAKING STATIN ROSUVAS 10 FOR THIS. RCENTLY I HAVE DEVELOPED burning sensation in the legs and pain in the fore head.neurologist had recomended neurokem-m and remylin-d for this. is my burning sensation in leg and forhead pain is side effect of any of these medicines,should i change my BP tablets/cholostrol tab.
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 29 minutes later
Hello, XXXXXX
Welcome to healthcare magic,
As per the description of your clinical data ,
All the above mentioned pills , you were using are essential to prevent coronary artery disease and these medications has nothing to do with your symptoms , the symptoms you are complaining is propably due to peripheral neuropathy. The neurologist has already given medication to treat your problem .
So my advise is to continue the present medications , if you have any persistent problem ,consult your treating physician and discuss about the problem.

Hope I have clarified your doubt,
If you need any further clarifications, write us back,
DR.sivayogi

Follow-up: Taking medicine for bp and cholesterol. Developed burning sensation on forehead and legs. Side effect? 21 minutes later
sir,

the symptoms could be a reason for anxiety/mental tension

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 2 hours later
Hello, XXXXXX
Welcome back to healthcare magic,
Stress and mental tension causes headache, but the burning sensation in the legs is pointing more towards peripheral neuropathy. So I advise you to continue the medications as prescribed by neurologist.
The blood pressure medications and statins should be continued to prevent risk from coronary artery disease.
Hope this answer has cleared your doubts,
DR.Sivayogi

Follow-up: Taking medicine for bp and cholesterol. Developed burning sensation on forehead and legs. Side effect? 18 hours later
sir,

also i had completely stopped chewing tobacco for the last 1.5month.The fore head pain and other disturbances like burning leg , twitching/tingling in face(not now-but were there immediately when i stopped tobacco chewing) started after that.

is theses problem a result of withdrawal symptoms or like you suggested a symptom of pheripheral neuropathy.

kindly advice.
also i have been taking medications as suggested by neuro for the last one week like neurokem m & remylin d.but still no change in forehead pain/burinig sensation in legs ,infact it has increased.

pls advice

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 59 minutes later
Hello XXXXXX

Welcome back to Healthcare Magic.

As you told, you used to smoke and stopped smoking 1.5 months ago, the withdrawal reactions generally appear within days after stopping the nicotine use.
Therefore, I suspect there is also a possibility for withdrawal reaction. The headaches, muscle twitches can be a part of nicotine withdrawal reaction.

I advise you to try with OTC available nicotine chewing gums like Nicorette or Nicotex 2 mg to avoid withdrawal symptoms.

If you are not relieved by the either way, I advise you to consult your treating physician.
If you need any further clarifications, write us back.

Dr. Sivayogi