Taking medicine for TB meningitis. CT scan and MRI normal. Getting neck pain and vision loss

Nov 2013

My is sister suffering from TB Meningitis she was in the hospital now they are giving her antiTB durgs ( AKT-4 and Ambistryn-s 0.75) from last month according to CSF report and treatment has started on 20th feb from last month. That time CT Scan and MRI Report was normal. Now she has continue heavy pain on neck and brain, Vomiting and low eye vision at near site. Yesterday again we had done the CT Scan & report is not normal. doctor has advice to consult Nuro. I would like to know what are the ways that she can recover 100%. she is only 38 year let me know some ways that she can get back to normal. Reports are attached for reference.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 32 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

TB meningitis is a fully treatable disease.

Treatment consists of anti-TB drugs and steroids. Anti TB drugs are required for at least 18 months, and in some cases, even longer. At present she is on correct medications for TB.

Steroids are given to reduce the complications and inflammation. She is also on steroids, as per the doctors prescription.

It is important to continue medications regularly. Your sister would definitely improve.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad