Taking medicine for H pylori. Suggest alternate medicine for clarithromycin

Can you give me alternative safe medicine other than ( Clarithromycin 500 mg ) can be used during pregnancy ?
Im using now ..for H pylori treatment for 14days
1-NEXIUM 40 mg (Safe as per doctor)
2-Amoxicillin1000 mg (Safe as per doctor)
3-Clarithromycin500mg (Can be XXXXXXX as per doctor)

Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Clarithromycin is a pregnancy category C drug and should not be used in first three months of pregnancy.
Regarding the treatment of H. Pylori infection, clarithromycin is safest among all other alternatives like metronodazole or tetracycline.
Category C medicines like clarithromycin can be used if the treating Doctor feels that the benefits outweigh the risks involved.

As persistent H. pylori infection can cause further complications so the medications are given accordingly.
Since everything is fine till now continue taking the medications as prescribed by your treating Doctor and do not stop them abruptly or adjust the doses by yourself.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.