Taking medicine after tonsils removal. Feeling discomfort. What should I do to get relief?

I just had my tonsils removed on Friday February 15. I am still having quite a bit of discomfort. Is there anything else I can do to ease the pain in between medication dosages? Anything I can spray or use to numb the area? Swallowing hurts so bad!
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 44 minutes later

You can try tantum gargles, they can help relieve discomfort and provide immediate soothing effect.This should help you swallow as well.

Hope this answers your question.Regards.
Follow-up: Taking medicine after tonsils removal. Feeling discomfort. What should I do to get relief? 8 minutes later
Is there any OTC? Like sprays or anything that might help in that way?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 6 minutes later
Tantum gargles are effective with anesthetic/numbing and soothing kind of effect.You can inquire about it at pharmacy near you and they would help you get it.