Taking medication for polycystic ovary and irregular period. What are the findings from the report?

Hello, Doctor have given medication for six months, after six months if poly cystic is still there, she have to undergo operation. I am not sure, whether she have continue medication for 6 months. we are confused now. Does it really require to have medication for 6 months, should we need to wait until 6 months to plan for baby. Shall i consult different doctor. Please advise i have attached the report as well, please check it out. She is taking tablet for Irregular period as well.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 4 hours later
Brief Answer: My advise is to use medication for 6 months. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understood your concern. I went through the report and the list of medications. You seem to have multiple tiny follicles with echogenic stroma. Since the cysts are tiny, there is no scope for surgery right now. Surgery is only meant for too large cyst which cannot be managed with medications. I would suggest you to continue the medication along with healthy nutrition for 6 months. We can plan the next steps of treatment after 6 months of treatment. Hope it helped you. Have a good health. Regards
Follow-up: Taking medication for polycystic ovary and irregular period. What are the findings from the report? 15 minutes later
thanks doctor. do i need wait for 6 months to have a baby? Since, the cyst is small, can we plan to have baby from next month. please advise.
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: I suggest you to wait for 6 months. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your follow up. In my opinion, conceiving will take place when ovulation and other procedure are normal ( if not effected by Poly cystic ovarian disease). If you don't have problem in waiting, I suggest you to wait for the treatment completion for conceiving a baby(apart from sexual activity) to prevent any further rare problems. Have a good health. Thanks.