Taking medication for Myasthenia Gravis. Have bloating, caving nails, falling toe nails. Doctor recommendations?

Question
I am in desperate need of finding a doctor who can help me with my Myastthenia Gravis. I have been on medication for a few months but I am not showing any improvement. My nails have started to cave in and I feel bloated and also one of my toe nails fell off.
Would you be able to recommend a dr that might be able to help me in XXXXXXX
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

Myasthenia Gravis is not a fatal disease though there is no complete cure. The symptoms can be controlled with proper treatment and management by specialist. You should consult a Neurologist for Myasthenia Gravis. Please let your treating doctor refer you to one immediately for better management.

However the nail problem that you have could not be related to MG. It is something different and has to be examined for local causes like fungal infection of the nail bed or age related degeneration.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Taking medication for Myasthenia Gravis. Have bloating, caving nails, falling toe nails. Doctor recommendations? 26 hours later
I am under medication already and have been for a few months but I am not getting better. Would you be able to recommend a doctor in the Dallas Fort Worth area?

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 7 hours later
As I said it is better to XXXXXXX a Neurologist. I did my best to find the right ones in your area with priority as patient satisfaction and board certification.

Below is the link that you can take help. I tried to limit within 50 miles of FW, TX.

WWW.WWWW.WW
Thank you.

Follow-up: Taking medication for Myasthenia Gravis. Have bloating, caving nails, falling toe nails. Doctor recommendations? 18 hours later
Thank you. I was not able to open link but I still thank you. I was not satisfied with your info but again thank you for trying. Have a good evening.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 14 hours later
I am sorry about that. I tried opening it twice before giving it. You can better search for neurologist in WWW.WWWW.WW I found around 25 doctors within 50 miles of fort worth tx.

You may try too.