Taking malarone after a bowel resection. Is it safe to take doxycycline?
User rating for this question
Hi, I had a bowel resection 2.5 months ago, I am going to Guatemala tomorrow and started to take Malarone. I happen to be allergic to this and was given a new prescription doxycycline, would it be safe to take this medicine after my surgery? I was also prescribed chloroquine but it mentions I shouldn't take it if I have issues with my intestines. I am just making sure I can't take the chloroquine and must take the doxycycline.
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Doxycycline is safe for you. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. 2,5 month is long enough for intestine to get healed. So generally there is very few medicines contraindicated after colon removal. So doxycycline is safe for you. You can take it without any fear of side effects related to colon removal. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Treatment and cure for maternal tetanus
- Lump at top of stomach
- Is it safe to get pregnant after a bowel resection
- Puss lumps on stomach
- Treatment and cure for skenes gland cyst
- Problems after bowel resection
- Flying after bowel resection
- Pointy lump in rectum
- Pointed lump in rectum
- My stools are small round lumps
- Treatment and cure for fetal rubella infection
- Treatment and cure for oval cysts
- Treatment and cure for sudden withdrawal syndrome
- Jaundice after bowel resection
- Alcohol after bowel resection